Saturday, November 9, 2013

Latest Mod - Radiator Grille Cover

So... It's called Moditis on The Fury Forum.  Hooked on doing mods to your bike... we all have it when we own fury's.  I guess many bikers have it, to make your bike your own; unique - you know how it is.  I think Blue J is coming along nicely now with my latest mod - the Radiator Grille.  I am going with a "Chopper Cross" theme and Blue J theme on the bike, so I've been wanting to get rid of the junky OEM black plastic grille cover that the dealer had hanging on with a plastic tie lol.. and get a nice chrome one. Hadn't found the "perfect" one yet, so many things are skulls out there - quite the popular theme - skulls and flames. not so much for me :)... So, as usual, hanging out on the forum, you find links and such from folks, and that's what I did to this seller on EBay: Ferreus Industries And found an awesome grille cover for the Fury, (which also doesn't have a zillion custom parts out there, BTW.) Just right for me.  They shipped super quick and the grille is awesome.





I pictured with this grille I would then purchase a 4 or 5 inch Maltese Cross to mount onto the grille so I could have my theme. So I found this one (billet, chrome):


From Ebay Seller: Asset Liquidation Co. They shipped fast and this was a great item.

So i spent about 2 hours, (yes I am a novice!) but I installed it all by myself! and I am proud of that.  I am trying to do everything on my bike by myself.  DH (dear hubby) might have to help with some big things, but I really want to be doing these things myself as much as possible.  The cross is mounted with permanent double sided mounting foam tape. The mounting screws did not align properly.  I am already resigned to the fact that i might lose it, if the tape malfunctions at some point, but this is how I have chosen to mount it at this point.  If at a later date I re-think of another plan I will proceed differently.  

So, I think it looks awseome!!! a great addition to the look of Blue J.  


She's really starting to look custom-ized...

I also got the word this week that my Ginz sissy bar was shipped and will be here soon!  I will install soon after, I hope I can do it, cause there's drilling involved and fender removal, and such! Oh boy, I just got okay with getting the seat off :) now I've gotta remove the fender and drill holes?? Oh my.  But I will be proud to be able to do this myself!!!!  I know I can do it with my "Installation Angel" on my side... He was on my side when I installed the radiator grille, when I made the custom seat cover and tank bib... and Oh! did i tell you?  I'm making custom grip covers for the the grips on the handle bars... :) i think they should match the leathers on the seat/bib... still deciding.  Should just take a piece of the leather out there and see what it looks like - then the agony of choosing the design!!! that is the best kind of agony though :)

Hubby is going for a ride in this 27 degree weather!  Me? I gotta go to JA cause my Hat hoop is coming today and I want to test it out, so need some scrap hats to play with.  Fun weekend for me :)

Cheers!!!


JDol






1 comment:

  1. How to Download VLC VLCV3 vlc vlc - Videoodl.cc
    The VLCV3 VLCV3VLCV3VLCV3VLCV3VLCV3VLCV3. VLCV3VLCV3VLCV3CV3VV3. VLCV3V3VLCV3V3V. VLCV3VLCV3. VLCV3V3View youtube to mp3 320kbps 8 more rows

    ReplyDelete