Monday, November 11, 2013

Hat Hoop for Custom Caps

I received my Hat hoop so I can now embroider baseball caps!  Woo Hoo!  I've been wanting to do this for DH for a while, so found a great price on one and got it (EBay Best offer).. I was only able to find one blank cap for my first test.  It was tricky to get the hang of, and the results came out, but it was a rough go of it! :)  I learned a lot about it on that first run, though.  I had utilized my comrades on my Sewing Forum to get pointers.  That forum is more sewing than embroidery, but I received some help... So on hats, you are dealing with size on the embroidery area. I guess that's pretty obvious, but when you are designing, it's also important to get the design in a vertical orientation.  So I had fun and here's my test cap:


I used the design from Embroidery Designs.com and added wording with my nickname.

So the big trick is to make sure the sewing area you are embroidering is super flat and adhering to the stabilizer.  I should have known better, but the sample piece of sticky stabilizer they enclosed was junky.   I am now using spray adhesive - worked excellent on the 2nd cap.

The 2nd cap...DH has a couple of caps laying around...I used a denser design, which worked out just fine, and as you can see I was able to get the design lower to the bill than my test cap.  I am off to the races now.  I am going to add "Lone Wolf" to the back of the cap below.  a pic will be added when i get that done, but here's the front.  The design was a nice design.


Well, That's the caps so far, might make some for the peeps on the forum.

Cheers, 

JDol

Here's the back of the hat:


Cheers!

JDol











3 comments:

  1. These customizable beanies are some of our past work from Yhao custom beanie maker. custom beanies wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logo Printed Caps one of the most effective ways to generate brand awareness.

    ReplyDelete