Monday, February 10, 2014

Painted Leathers

Well... Haven't blogged in a while. Been real busy with making patches for my friends on the forum... been making special requests and everything... will post those too.  So this post... My machine only stitches onto a 6x8 max area for embroidery, so while that's a nice size, it is limiting at times.  I made a couple patches that i made in three hoops, but i had to line everything up and it was so nerve wracking that I'm not going to do that anymore.  and you can only do that for things that have separate pieces, like the skull/wings


where I could do the skull then each wing, but lining that up.. Goodness! i did two, messing one up in between, and called it. So those two guys have the only large ones.

So anyway, had been thinking for a few months about leather painting, and had looked into again, and found out that Cova Color Paints are highly recommended for leather painting. So i ordered an 8 pack and a pink and turquoise. Also recommended were Taklon brushes. I ordered from Hawke's Leather on EBay. They shipped fast, and the paints and brushes are excellent.  I also ordered an assortment of leather jackets and vests on EBay, for my "canvases"  I really couldn't wait to get started.  I already had a leather jacket from DH to start on, so when the paints got here i started the next day.  Did a version of "Life Needs More Green Lights" and put my Chopper in the image.  So this is the result of my first painted leather:



I really was happy with how this came out - most of all the bike rendering, so I was certainly inspired to move forward.  I had already picked out another image of a Native American girl and a wolf that I wanted on a jacket. By then a perfect jacket had come in to do it on.   Nice buttery soft kidskin leather.




This was great leather to work with, and i thought this one came out kewl, too. better than my first one... or maybe just different...

So, next wanted to make a vest.  Thought I could make one for our trip out west when we go. So wrangled my bike into it and came up with this:


So that's where I am for now.  I am currently making one for DH like the Monument Valley one above, with his bike in it.  I got it started today.  So far so good. :)  I have another one I want to do for myself with wolves howling at the moon.  Did you know some painted coats are going for hundreds of dollars on EBay?  Gee that would be nice to offer some art on EBay.  Or custom Patches. :)

Cheers!

JDol







6 comments:

  1. Sometime you need direction to move forward and achieve your goals. This blog actually give us a direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great design love your amazing idea carry and you can find here some realated product
    Witcher Leather Jacket Getmyleather

    ReplyDelete
  3. At some point you require heading to advance and accomplish your objectives. This blog really give us a course. Justin Bieber Singer Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outline love your incredible thought I extremely your post a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing them. Filmstarlook

    ReplyDelete