Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August 16th - Bringin' her Home...

My New Chopper...


Well, I will consider August 16, 2013 her birthday, even though she is a 2012, coz its the day I brought her home.  I had a 2001 Honda Shadow Aero 1100 that I loved to death.


She was a 2001 however, and I'd had her for about 7 years - never gave me any issues (Honda) :-)..  We bought DH (Dearest Husband or Dear Hubby for short) an 09 VTX1300 Retro in 2010 which he LOVES to death and rides practically non-stop... anyway since I was only a fair weather rider (sunny and 70 deg F) LOL, mine was ok for so long. I got the itch in 2012 season that I wanted trike.  Needed to get something "different" from the same old thing. So, searched and trikes were a little out of reach that season.  I settled that I wanted a VTX1300 trike.  So, made a few changes to the Aero and settled in for another season.  that brings us to 2013. Had my sights on a trike until we realized now that it would be a tight squeeze a) in the garage, and b) up and down the driveway past the vehicles.  Oh Goodness! now what!. Had to let her go. so I started searching hi and low for the perfect bike.  searched Harley's Kawi's, Yamahas, Victory's, Triumphs.  I wanted something unique.  Even considered those Royal Enfields! I'd say Triumph America was the closest I came.  Then after all that looking I couldn't help the draw that I really wanted to stay with HONDA.  

So I gave a look-see again and Wham i saw the Fury!  I was in love. Chopper world here I come.....I don't know how i missed it all those times i looked before.  Guess it just wasn't the right time at the time I saw it.  They aren't your $6K motorcycle on special, you know. 

So shopped around a bit, saw some different colors/years, and boy did I fall in love with that blue....so gorgeous, just perfect for me.  So here's me bringing her home....


Traded in the Aero for her.

Here's her portrait taken that week.





I joined a Fury Forum and am starting to learn some stuff about Fury's and also meet other Fury owners from around the world.  Looks like I'm off on a Grand Adventure.

Cheers!

JDol




1 comment:

  1. Hey BlueJ, I am CrabiePatie of Goshen, Indiana. I want the
    Fury patch and the jacket patch. I would also buy a jacket if u have it in 5XL. How do we complete this transaction? I am on Fury Forem.

    ReplyDelete